Training tailored to your company's needs
Merit Career Development > Courses > Interpersonal and Cross-Cultural Communications
Interpersonal and Cross-Cultural Communications
One of the top challenges in many organizations is understanding cultural differences and values. When differing cultures
come into contact they may share some aspects, but disparities also come into play. In order to succeed in today’s cross-
cultural world, individuals need the knowledge to respond positively and effectively with an open mind to these differences.
This course develops students’ global cross-cultural competencies and cultural intelligence in order to enhance their ability
to work across boundaries. Culture is broadly defined to include national, regional, organizational, vocational, and other
cultures and subcultures relevant to the global work environment.
- Experience cultural differences in thought and emotion
- Demonstrate their understanding of the theoretical, empirical, and applied managerial efforts to define cultural dimensions and cultural intelligence
- Identify and describe specific global, national, regional, organizational, and professional work cultures as well as cultural dimensions that are relevant to global managerial practice
- Effectively engage in intercultural communications, management, and leadership behaviors
Topics & Content
- The role of culture in thought and emotional processes
- LiSA listening skills assessment measuring one's ability to understand the situation, attention to detail, and inference
- Meaning-Centered Communication assessment to discover one's orientation in interpersonal communications
- The Big Five cultural differences: time, space, things, friendship and agreements
- Intercultural communication challenges
Course Code: PD303
Duration: 2 days
Targeted Audience: This course is designed for personnel in the private or public workforce that wish to improve their cultural knowledge and improve cross-cultural communication skills and relationships.
Contact us to find out when and where the course(s) you are interested in are being offered.