Training tailored to your company's needs
Merit Career Development > Courses > Excellence in Supply Chain Design and Operation
Excellence in Supply Chain Design and Operation
Excellence in Supply Chain Design and Operation engages participants through computer-based supply chain simulations,
game play, team exercises and case studies that reveal the critical factors one must consider when designing and operating
a responsive, high performance, world class supply chain. This fast-paced, interactive course, led by Professors Jack
Muckstadt and Peter Jackson of Cornell University, provides an understanding of the “Laws of Supply Chain Physics” and
the basic principles of flexible, efficient supply chain design and operation.
- Describe the Laws of Supply Chain Physics
- Discover the "Power of Pooling"
- How to avoid the "Curse of Variety", the misallocation of resources into low-demand rate activities.
- Explain the "Five Principles of Supply Chain Design and Operation"
- Collaborate and implement advanced production and inventory management strategies across distributed, multi-echelon supply chains.
- Apply the Laws of Supply Chain Physics
- Describe the effect of supply chain design on customer service
- Analyze supply chain flexibility and financial performance.
- Apply the principles learned to construct and present design concepts for a high performance, global supply chain.
Topics & Content
- Laws of Supply Chain Physics
- The miscalculation of resources
- The Five Principles of Supply Chain design and operation
- The Bullwhip Effect
- Inventory management principles
- The Power of Pooling
- The Multi-Item Kanban game
- Planning Inventories in Multi-Echelon Settings
- The No B/C Policy
- Power of Delayed Differentiation
- New Strategies for Allocating Capacities
- The future of Supply Chain Management
Course Code: LD601
Duration: 2 days
Targeted Audience: This course is designed for executives, managers and practitioners in the private or public workforce that are responsible for supply chain design, planning and operations.
- OPM - 14 CLP(s)
- PMI - 14 PDU(s)
- SHRM - 14 PDC(s)
Contact us to find out when and where the course(s) you are interested in are being offered.