Congratulations! Active listening is a highly valuable skill in the business world and your personal one, but it takes a bit of work. By taking these assessments, you are embarking on the first step to becoming an Effective Listener. This assessment contains two parts, Listening Skills Assessment (LiSA™) and Meaning Centered Communication. Your scores from each assessment will provide you with a baseline measure of your ability to communicate and listen.
- Before you begin, clear your desk and your head and do whatever you can to avoid distractions during the next 50 minutes - about the time it will take to complete the assessments.
- Once you begin, we ask you to complete these in one sitting. You are not able to pause and return at another time.
- Don't over-think your answers. Your first response is usually the most accurate one.
- You will receive your scores at the end of each assessment.
- Your responses will be kept confidential. No one will have access to your answers.
- After the final assessment, you will receive a certificate of completion via email. If you would like a paper copy mailed to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any questions about these assessments, contact Merit Career Development at 610.225.0449 or email@example.com.
Now you are ready to begin. Please enter the following information: